1 cup raisins in gold
Currants, 1 cup
Sun-dried cranberries, half a cup
Sun-dried blueberries, half a cup
Sun-dried cherries, half a cup
chopped half a cup of dried apricots
1 lemon’s zest, finely chopped 1 orange’s zest, coarsely chopped 1/4 cup candied ginger
1 cup gold rum\sre-hydrate fruit.
1 1/4 sticks of unsalted butter and 5 ounces of sugar
unfiltered apple juice, 1 cup
Ground allspice berries, four whole cloves, and one teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ginger, ground
All-purpose flour, 1 3/4 cups, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
one tablespoon of baking soda
one tablespoon of baking powder
1) Combine the dried fruits, candied ginger, and both zests. 1/4 to 1/2 cup toasted nuts, broken Brandy for basting and/or spritzing.
2) To rehydrate the fruit, microwave it for 5 minutes after adding the rum.
3) Combine the fruit, liquid, sugar, butter, apple juice, and spices in a non-reactive saucepan.
4) Stirring often, bring mixture to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
5) Turn off the heat and let the food cool for at least 15 minutes. (The batter can be finished up to this point and stored in the refrigerator covered for up to two days. Before finishing the cake, let it come to room temperature.)
6) Set oven to 325 degrees.
7) Mix the dry ingredients, then sift them into the fruit mixture.
8) Using a large wooden spoon, quickly combine the batter. Next, add the eggs, one at a time, and stir until well combined. Finally, fold in the nuts.
9) Pour the mixture into a nonstick 10-inch loaf pan and bake for one hour.
10) Use a toothpick to test the food’s doneness by inserting it in the center of the
11) It’s finished if the test is successful. Bake for 10 more minutes if necessary.
12) Remove the cake from the oven and set it on a trivet or cooling rack.
13) Brandy-baste or spray the top and let it cool fully.
before removing from the pan.
14) After the cake has completely cooled, seal it with a secure, food-safe lid.
15) Feel the cake every two to three days; if it seems dry, spritz brandy over it.
Over the next two days, the cake’s flavor will greatly improve.
weeks. If you choose to gift the cake, be sure to tell the recipient that they are very lucky indeed.