Olive oil, 1/2 cup
30 ml of soy sauce
4 scallions, cleaned and divided in half.
huge two cloves garlic
Juice of lime, 1/4 cup
Red pepper flakes in the amount of half
1/8 teaspoon cumin powder
3 teaspoons of Mexican or dark brown sugar
3 equal chunks of a 2-pound inner skirt steak
1) Heat charcoal until grey ash forms, ideally using genuine chunk charcoal.
2) Blend the following ingredients in a blender: oil, soy sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, red pepper, cumin, and sugar.
3) Place the skirt steak pieces and marinade in a large, sturdy zip-top bag.
4) Close the bag, taking out as much air as you can.
5) Let the steak marinade for an hour in the fridge.
6) Take the steak out of the bag and use paper towels to wipe it dry.
7) Blow the charcoal clear of ash using a blow dryer.
8) After removing all ash, place steaks directly over hot embers and cook for 1 minute per side.
9) After the meat has completed cooking, cover it in double the amount of aluminum foil and let it set for 15 minutes.
10) Take the foil and juices off the meat before removing it.
11) Cut the meat thinly across the grain.
- Go back to the foil packet and mix in the juice.
- If preferred, serve with grilled peppers and onions.